- Be a member of City Church for at least one year
- Be a high school graduate of the Class of 2020
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be attending a four-year college or university
In addition to filling out your information and completing an essay, applications must submit the following documentation either through the online form or by mail:
- Resume – to highlight your high school career including: education, work history (if applicable),
- Two letters of recommendation from the school –
- Official high school transcript
- College acceptance letter
1. Why is the application process online this year?
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, an online process was the most effective and efficient way to provide access to the scholarship process.
2. Who can I contact if I have technical difficulties completing the application?
Please contact the City Church office at (804) 222-7926 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How do I receive my transcript if school is out?
Please reach out to your counselor (ex: Henrico County Public Schools uses Parchment, a program where students can access their transcripts at all times without charge). It is likely that other school districts in the area use a similar program.
4. Can I use recommendation letters that were written for other applications?
Yes, you can use two recommendation letters that were used for your college admissions applications. If you do not have hard copies, reach out to the individuals who will be submitting a letter and have them email it directly to Donisha.Bryant@rvacity.org Subject: City Church Scholarship -Student’s name. If applicants prefer to have new letters written, they are free to do so.
5. Are there requirements for the essay?
Your essay should be no more than 1,000 words. Applicants can choose to use single or double space as long as the essay does not exceed the word limit. It should be free of grammatical errors and represent your best work.
6. How will the scholarship recipients be notified?
Parents of the students selected will be notified with a phone call from a member of the Scholarship Committee. Students who were not selected will receive an email notification.
7. When will the candidates be recognized?
We have tentatively scheduled the recognition for August 2nd at the conclusion of the 11:30 a.m. service. This is subject to change based on any updates from the CDC and Governor Northam’s directives for the Commonwealth of Virginia.